Saturday, May 21, 2011

New Orleans

Since the big End of the World / Rapture thing was a major bust, I decided to go to New Orleans!!  You'd never know the end of the world was near with all the people having a good time on Bourbon Street (including me)!

(Click on photos to enlarge.)

First, of course, I started off with a big vat of Beignets at Cafe Du Monte!

Then I hit the street-partying on Bourbon Street


Horrible, horrible cruelty to animals!!

This is a disgusting tradition that should be stopped!

 



This is the Old Absinthe Bar

Absinthe being lit on fire



STREET PERFORMERS


There are so many street performers.   I usually take their
photo from the side or behind so I don't have to pay them!




This guy was BY FAR the best!  I broke down and put
some money in his baby shoe!   Very creative!


I guess in honor of the Rapture, the Devil was there!


This guy had enough money ~~ he didn't need more from me!

Some cool jazz musicians 

Click the play button to play video


Some ladies enjoying the Riverfront!